Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Special Weekend in Jackson


We did it!  Yes, that's right - I said WE!

 After a very stressful fourteen months, I graduated (with a 4.0 I might add) last weekend with my Masters Degree in Education.  Andy, Mom, and Dad have sacrificed just as much as I have,  so I feel like WE graduated Saturday!

There were times during the past year I worried that perhaps I had made a bad decision to do it, but every doubt melted away while we were in Jackson last weekend.  Andy kept hugging me and telling me how proud he was!  He was such a sweetheart all weekend.  When I saw him get up during the ceremony and take a picture with his phone - well, you know I cried!  I couldn't help but look up and catch Daddy's sweet face after being handed my diploma.  Yeah, that's right - I waved at my Daddy during a very formal graduation ceremony just like a little girl graduating from kindergarten!


I can't even begin to tell you what all my mother has done for me over the past fourteen months!  She has taken care of Andy on so many weekends when I would  go to class on Saturdays.  The past two summers, she has basically had him all summer long.  On Sundays and weeknights that I had to work on school work, she ALWAYS offered to take Andy so I could get things done.  There is no way that I could have done this without her.  Now, I will say that she was the one that pushed me to do this.  If she hadn't encouraged me to keep going with my education now, I probably would have never done it. 





I would have loved for Josh to have been with us!  One of my first thoughts early Saturday morning was of him and how he would have spent the entire day picking on me.  :) 








    


"Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!"






,

0 comments:

Post a Comment