Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Walking with friends!

After three weeks of training for the marathon, my body is screaming. . ."You are OLD!  Give up! "  But, I'm NOT giving up!  I plan on finishing what I've started (Lord willing)!

Sunday I walked 6 miles.  Well, actually, 6.5 miles.  I walked a little extra to cool down before I stopped for the day.  I found my groove during the 2nd mile, and it was all good after that.  I felt great when I was done, but a few hours later. . .well, let's just say my body was screaming!  I think my two little toes may be a different shape by the time this is all over. ;)

The beautiful thing about all of this is that I'm getting to spend some time with people that I wouldn't have had otherwise.  Kellye is walking with me  one or two times a week, but come on. . .she has to - she's my sister, right?!  No, seriously, I'm so thankful for the time I get to spend with her, walking or not!  Sandy B. is walking with me a couple of times a week also.  She is just great!  On Sundays, Jami N. and Tina S. are walking with me.  They are so supportive of my "self-challenge" to complete the marathon.  It is truly a blessing to be able to spend time with such amazing people!  If any of you ladies are reading this - I love you!  Thanks for doing this with me.  Oh, and Jennifer H., I know that you are with me in spirit.  I'll walk with you soon!

I may be getting older, and my body may be screaming at me for this, but I AM BLESSED!


0 comments:

Post a Comment