Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

We survived our first basketball season!


When Andy decided that he wanted to play basketball for Dayspring this year, I was so excited for him.  I think it is important for our kiddo's to play some sort of organized sport.  I always ecnourage my students at school to play something - anything!!  It's funny, because after the first week of a new school year, I can ALWAYS tell you which kids play sports or attend some sort of musical lessons on a regular basis!  Their focus, motivation, and alertness (maybe not the best word choice - but hey, I'm tired) is much greater than other students in the class.  Additionaly, they are much better "team players" in class.  Alright, I'll get off the teacher kick! Like I was saying. . .  I was happy for him.  He had never played basketball, so I knew it was going to be a huge learning experience for both of us. 

He did, in fact, learn a lot!  He may not be the best on the team, but he gave it all he had and that's the most important thing.  I've learned a lot this year, too!  For example, I know that on game nights, an extra snack or two should be packed in the lunchbox.  I've learned to not always trust that clean socks will be in his gym bag!  I've learned that "just down the road" may mean something like ~ Smyrna!! ;)  But, most importantly, I've learned that being the mother of a pre-teen boy is, well. . . an experience! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment