Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Another school year

Brand new notebooks full of blank pages,  pencils ready to be sharpened, markers with good writing tips on them. . . don't you love brand new school supplies?  There is an odd kind of 'high' I get every year when it's time to go back to school!  I get so excited about developing lessons and creating units to teach the kiddos.  Finding new ways to arrange my classroom to look interesting and exciting is always a fun task!

I have shopped and bought some goodies for my class - new composition books to create math journals, notebooks for writing, homework folders (which Chris is making awesome), and so much more!  I've worked on amazing novel units and some really awesome science lessons.  But the most fun I have every summer is finding a way to jazz up an ordinary classroom and make it "HOME" to a room full of second graders for an entire school year.  I'm usually certain of the theme I want to use and work with, but this year was a little different.  Okay, my brain was not really working on school stuff for most of the summer - I was much more concerned with Chris. :)

Mom and I spent one day last week at Old Time Pottery, Hobby Lobby, Parent Teacher Store, and Krispy Kreme.  Yeah, yeah,  the doughnuts for pure pleasure - the new place is open in Rivergate, we had to stop and make sure they were doing things correctly! :) After hours of thought and lots of shopping, we have a theme ~ HAPPY!  Sounds fitting, huh?  Here is a sneak peak!

This is hanging outside my classroom door.

I love filling this space above their cubbies.  We are working on cubby name tags! 


HAPPY!

Yeah, that's me in the second grade! 





0 comments:

Post a Comment