Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Why blog?

I realize that some of you who are seeing so many blog entries may wonder why in the world I blog.  I've always been a "journaling" kind of girl.  As a teenager I kept a journal that I shared with my mother.  I would write in it at night and leave it on my bed in the mornings for her to read.  She would occasionaly leave me messages back and I loved it.  I still have many of those journals and I hope to pass them on someday.  I'm not so sure that Andy will treasure them, but maybe Gracie Beth or Little Bit will one day. 

Back to the blog. . .

I thought that keeping a blog would force me to remember.  Okay - here is the deal.  When Andy's dad and I divorced I prayed to forget.  Forget?   You see, my heart was broken and I wanted to forget all of the memories we had made together because then I might not hurt so bad.  But, when we lost Josh, I BEGGED God to help me remember EVERYTHING!  I realized that all I had left  were my memories.  I was angry at myself for wanting to forget things and quickly realized that if I wanted to remember (the good and the bad)  I needed to start keeping a better record.  It took a long time for me to let go of some bitterness and reclaim the memories that I so desperatly wanted to forget.  So, about a two years ago, I began this blog. 

I am not the best writer in the world.  In fact, I would say that I'm not a good writer at all.  But, these are my memories - my story.   Life isn't always picture perfect and I'm not attempting to protray that it is.  But yes, WE ARE BLESSED, and I hope to capture it all in this blog.  I write about Josh when I think of different memories. . . some sad, some funny.  I  write about all of the amazing things that Andy does.  I write about my parents and how special they are.  I write about the everyday kinds of things and the not so everyday kinds of things.
I write to remember! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment