Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Family time

This weekend was the one time a year that I get to spend quality time with my extended family.  It is a shame that life gets so busy that we have to literally mark a time on the calendar to see each other.  I wish more of us could go but I understand that busy schedules get in the way. Life is short and I treasure the times I have with my family.

My dad is the baby of the family and they all love to pick on him.  I love to see him with his brothers and sister.  One of my sweetest memories from the weekend was looking over and seeing Daddy sitting close to his one and only sister having a conversation.  (What I would give to have just one more moment of precious conversation with Josh!!)  They sat and talked for a long time and I loved seeing them smile.

We had meals together, had time to catch up, and even played a friendly game of Skip-bo.  Yeah, I think Jay won, but it was my hand that he finished! :)  Andy played a little guitar for them and, of course, I was was proud of him.  Thanks to Kellye, our kids were able to cover Ronnie with Silly String! :)  The grand kids and great-grand kids had a blast running and laughing on the porches.  It was so fun to watch them have a good time!



So, cousins, here is what I want to say to you. . .  I love you all very much and I plan on making sure that we get to spend more time together!  I will host a "Thanksgiving" meal for us at my house and expect ALL of you to come!!  This gathering is just for us, our parents can have their own gathering.  We'll talk and iron out the details, but I want us to have a special meal together.  We can do this maybe the weekend before Thanksgiving - what do you think?!  Well, I'm not asking - I'm telling you this is what we are going to do!! :) 

I wish I had taken more pictures - something I will make a better effort at next time, but here is my favorite pic from the weekend!  I love these little fellas and miss their granddaddy VERY much! 






1 comments:

  1. Awww!!! I love my cousins-in-love!! I feel so lucky to have you all. I love the idea of a Thanksgiving Meal!! You know I really can cook and Charlie is an awesome cook too. I can't wait!!
    Maybe we can have a friendly game of Mexican Train Dominoes. I'll bring my set!!

    ReplyDelete