Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Teaching Fun!!

There are days that I'm certain I'm having more fun than my students!  This is the stuff that memories are made of. . .



We are reading a novel in class (our second novel unit for the year) called Gooney Bird Greene.  It's about an eccentric young second grader that always tells "absolutely true stories".  *wink, wink 
 She dresses in some cRaZy outfits so I thought I would come as character to school today.  Well, at least part of the day!

This is how my night went last night!  I sat on the floor and made a pink tutu and a polka dotted shirt!



Drum roll please. . .  The finished product! 




The book is all about writing and telling good stories.  Students are learning that stories need a good beginning, middle, and end.  We are also finding out how to develop an excellent character.  Yesterday, we talked about adding suspense to our stories.  What a fun way to be a better writer!

In addition to a huge writing project that will go along with the novel unit, we are keeping a record of the ridiculous outfits that Gooney wears each day.  I bet you didn't know that I was NOT an artist!!  :)



 Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm having too much fun with this one! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment