Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2012

You'd best make this last!

I know I've told this story before, but it's worth repeating - especially since I keep thinking about it this morning! ;)

When Josh and I were little and lived in East Tennessee, Mom and Dad would drive "home" every other weekend so we could go to church and spend time with our family.  As kids, the ride to and from Greeneville was LOOOONNGGG!!  Back in those days there was no tv or ipad to keep us entertained.  Momma and Daddy would make sure that we had snacks to eat and something to keep us busy in the backseat.

Well - all of you know that I LOVE my sweets!  I would gobble up all of my candy  and Josh would still have most of his left.  One day, after I finished my candy, I begged him to give me some of his.  I guess Daddy got tired of hearing me beg so he told Josh to share.  (Here comes the good part!)  Josh wasn't happy at all about having to give me some of his candy!  He handed me just a little bit and said. . ."You'd best make this last!"  Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  He was only 5 or 6 years old and I can still remember him saying this SOOOOOOO seriously!

Today is my last day of Fall Break and I can just hear Josh saying to me. . . "You'd best make this last!"  

1 comments:

  1. Out of the mouthes of babes and Brothers huh? Great story. I bet he's laughing right now.

    ReplyDelete