Pages

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Youth Retreat 2012

Every year since I was 12 years old I've attended our Youth Retreat at church.  It's a special weekend set aside to focus on growing closer to God.  The retreat has always been a special time for me and now I'm sharing this time with Andy.  We broke up into groups according to age - Andy was in the youngest group this weekend and I was in the oldest group!  :)  Each of the groups were asked to participate in the devotional this morning and it was so sweet to watch Andy, Gracie, and their buddies read scripture and talk of what it meant to them.  This evening at the final service, Andy played his guitar with the musicians.  My heart swelled with pride - a good pride that my son spent the day learning how to be a better servant of God and use his talent in the service to praise Him!


The younger kids were chilling between classes on the deck.






Yes, I got up during the service to get a picture of Andy playing
in his first retreat.  I hope there are many more to come! 



Kevin helping Andy practice before the service.  




This picture makes me wanna cry! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment